010073650 September 23, 30
TITLE VI, RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Garrett County Memorial Hospital DBA Garrett Regional Medical Center including the Sub-Acute Unit, has agreed to comply with the provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all requirements imposed pursuant thereto, to the end that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provisions of any care or services.
Specifically, the above includes (but is not limited to) the following characteristics:
1. Client care will be provided on a nondiscriminatory basis: all clients will be admitted
and receive care without regard to race, color, or national origin.
2. All clients will be assigned to services without regard to race, color or national
3. When applicable, clients will not be asked if they are willing or desire to share a
room with a person of another race.
4. Employees will be assigned to client services without regard to race, color, or
national origin of either the client or employee.
5. Staff privileges will not be denied to professionally qualified personnel on the basis
of race, color, or national origin of either the client or employee.
6. All facilities of this program will be utilized without regard to race, color, or national
7. All staff, employees and contractors will be informed of NONDISCRIMINATORY
practices and individual responsibilities.
The nondiscriminatory policy of this facility applies to clients, physicians, contractors and responsible facility employees. Under no circumstances will the application of the policy result in the segregation or re-segregation of buildings, wings, floors, or rooms for the reason of race, color, or national origin.