NOTICE OF INTENT TO APPOINT
The Jefferson County Commission proposes to nominate persons to potentially serve on the following Authorities, Boards, Commissions, or Committees on Thursday, December 3, 2015 or as soon thereafter as the Commission may decide:
Chesapeake and Ohio National Historical Park Commission
Per the United States Department of the Interior – National Park Service, highly qualified applicants will have the following attributes:
• Is a well-respected and engaged member of the community
• Is familiar with the Canal – at least within the area represented by the nominating body
• Is fairly balanced in terms of points of view represented
• Is willing to provide advice on park-related matters that is relevant, objective and open to the public
• Is willing to spend one weekday per quarter actively participating in commission meetings
• is willing to spend approximately 10-20 hours per month engaged in the work of the commission
• Is willing to serve on subcommittees and task groups associated with the business of the commission
• Is willing to serve as a two-way communicator with their nominating body and the broader community
Persons who may be interested in the above listed agency should submit a letter of interest and a resume or statement of qualifications to the Jefferson County Commission, P.O. Box 250, Charles Town, WV 25414, no later than 12:00 p.m. the Monday prior to the proposed date of the nominations.
Additional information regarding these appointments may be obtained by calling the Commission Office at (304) 728-3284.