ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
CITY OF ELKINS
5 RIVER ST B-50 LOT 715
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 BIDDER’S REPRESENTATION
A. Each Bidder, by making his Bid, Represents that:
1. He has read and understands the Bidding Documents and his Bid is made in accordance therewith.
2. He has visited the site, has familiarized himself with the
conditions under which the work is to be performed, and has correlated his observations with the requirements of the proposed Contract Documents.
B. No allowance will subsequently be made on behalf of the
Contractor for any error or negligence on his part in connection with these requirements.
C. The following items are part of the general contract:
1. All labor, material, and costs required to perform the work described in the Bid Instruction Documents.
2. Removal of all excess and waste material from the project site will be the responsibility of the Contractor.
3. The Contractor and all sub-contractors will be required to have a Workers Compensation Insurance policy with a minimum limit of $300,000 per incident $1,000,000 aggregate, as well as a
General Liability insurance policy with a minimum limit of $1,000,000 per incident and $1,000,000 aggregate.
4. Contractor shall have a valid City of Elkins Business License and will be required to obtain a Demolition Permit from the City of
Elkins, the cost of which is $50.00.
1.2 BIDDING DOCUMENTS
A. Bidders may obtain the Bidding Documents free of charge.
B. Bidders shall use complete sets of Bidding Documents in
preparing Bids, the Owner does not assume any responsibility for errors of misinterpretations resulting from the use of incomplete sets of Bidding Documents.
1.3 SUBMISSION OF BIDS
A. The Bids shall be submitted to the Office of the Operations Manager on October 14, 2022 @ 10:00 a.m.
1.4 ACCEPTANCE OF BIDS
It is the intent of the owner to award a Contract to the lowest responsible Bidder. The owner shall have the right to waive any
informality or irregularity in any Bid received and to accept the Bid which, in his judgement, is in his best interests.
PART 1 Scope of work
A. Contractor will be responsible for the removal and disposal of dirt with asbestos transite siding.
1. A West Virginia licensed qualified Asbestos Inspector will perform the work described in the Bid Instruction Documents.
2. All debris removed from the site shall be disposed of at an
approved landfill of disposal site, and the City shall be provided with objective evidence of such lawful disposal.
1.2 SPECIAL CONDITIONS
A. Any anticipated lane or street closures of South Davis Ave. must be coordinated with the Operations Department of the City of
1.3 SITE MEDIATION
A. After removal of debris, the Contractor shall be responsible for clearing, grading, and leveling the site. The site shall be seeded With an approved blend of KY-31 fescue, with straw mulch to control runoff and erosion.