INVITATION TO BID
The Owner of the Professional Building in Wheeling is requesting bids for the replacement of the roof of its building located at 1300 Market Street, Wheeling. The project consists of a sloped rectangular metal roof that has been coated with a bituminuous mixture. A second, smaller roof deck consisting of a flat asphalt coated deck is also in need of replacement and is included in this bid. Access to the area is limited. A more detailed scope of work follows:
The Contractor must carry out work in compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. Prevailing wage is not required. The contractor must be licensed to do work in the City of Wheeling and to obtain all relevant building permits. A photograph of the building is attached.
Scope of Work: to furnish all materials, equipment and perform all labor necessary for the completion of the roof replacement project at 1300 Market Street, Wheeling and includes:
1. Remove and dispose of existing roof layers, inspect decking for repairs or replacement (using treated 1 inch thick pressure treated decking)
2. Remove obsolete equipment
3. Install 2 inch Poly ISO roof insulation
4. Install new 60mm single ply membrane roofing fully adhered according to manufacturer’s specifications.
5. Clean, prime and seal all seams and end laps of rubber with overlap as recommended by manufacturer
6. At all plumbing, ventilation and projections through roof, flashing and counter flashing will be applied.
7. Extend membrane up and over parapet walls and under new parapet caps.
8. Install new prefinished (stainless steel color) galvalume parapet caps secured with clips on the interior and exterior elevations of the parapet.
9. Extend membrane up curbs and roof projections at minimum of 12 inches installing wall flashing/ counterflashing finished with appropriate sealant and caulk.
10. Extend membrane up and over sleepers (4″x6″) on lower deck
11. Eliminate hatch. Owner to create new entry. Secure decking and wrap with membrane.
12. Use .040 Kynar prefinished flashing along parapet caps. Repoint loose bricks with approved lime based mortar prior to fitting parapet caps.
13. Use termination bar at perimeter
14. Roof drains will be repaired or replaced as necessary to match existing
15. Provide add alternate pricing for the repair, replacement and encapsulation of existing skylight.
16. Provide add alternate pricing for the repair of the existing box gutters.
17. Provide add alternate pricing for the replacing of the upper roof following the same specifications as prescribed for the lower roof.
18. Provide add alternate pricing for the replacement of the skylight in kind.
19. Provide add alternate pricing for the encapsulation of the skylight with EPDM
20. Provide add alternate pricing for the repair/restoration of the existing skylight
21. Furnish standard 20 year warranty.
22. All work to be performed in a professional manner
23. Remove and dispose of all job related debris
24. No bid bond or performance bond is required for this project.
25. Bidders should assume there is asbestos on the roof. It is unknown if the roof has been previously tested.
26. Contractor to notify city for road closure and building permits.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on-site at 1300 Market Street, Wheeling, WV on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
Work to include all labor, equipment, material, insurance, tools, permits/ licenses, and workers compensation.
The price shall include and cover the furnishing of all materials, labor, tools, material, and equipment necessary for the replacement of the roof of the Professional Building.
The contractor must have proof of the completion of three similar historic projects in the past four years that have complied with the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. The contractor must prove that that they have the ability to complete the project in a timely manner and meet all deadlines set here within. The contractor must have the require licenses and insurances to execute the stated work.
A mandatory pre bid conference will be held on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. at the site at 1300 Market Street, Wheeling.
Contractors will be selected based upon (1) cost, (2) experience with similar historic preservation projects, and (3) proven ability to complete a project. The contractor must carry out the described work in compliance with the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.
The project completion date is June 30, 2015 (Subject to extension as necessary) and will be reviewed by the West Virginia State Historic Preservation Office.
Requirements of the Bid Submission
Sealed bids must be returned no later than 4:00pm local prevailing time on Monday, May 25, 2015 to:
Roof Replacement Bid
Market Street Now
c/o Glenn Elliott
1300 Market Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
The bids will be opened on Tuesday, May 26, 2015.
The Bid Submission must include the following:
1. Letter of Interest detailing previous historic preservation experience which must include three separate, individual projects
2. Lump sum for bid proposal on provided Bid Form
3. References from three previous individual and separate historic projects.
4. Attachments listed below.
Required Attachments: You bid may be disqualified if these attachments are not included. This form shall serve as a checklist for your use. Please place a check or X beside the item if it is included in the bid packet.
*Copy of West Virginia Business License
*Copy of West Virginia Contractors License
*Copy of West Virginia Workers Compensation Insurance Certificate
*Copy of Commercial Liability Insurance Certificate
*Three examples of similar work (before and after pictures preferred) Should also show work was done in a timely fashion
* Three references
Source of Funding/ Funding Requirements
Partial funds for this project are through the WV State Historic Preservation Office (WVSHPO) and all work must be approved by the SHPO prior to payment. All applicable Federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
Payment Process to the Successful Bidder:
Contractors will be paid for work completed. Contractors must allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks for payment of all invoices. Last payment will be held until work is completed and approved by the State Historic Preservation Office.
Roof Replacement for the Professional Building, Wheeling, WV
Sealed bids must be returned no later than 4:00pm local prevailing time on Monday, May 25, 2015, via USPS to:
Roof Replacement Bid
Market Street Now, LLC
1300 Market Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
Indicate below the number of Addendums received:
For all labor and material, the sum of $
(written amount) -dollars
Break out of Base Bid
1. Removal of Existing Roof – $ each
2. EDPM Rubber Roof (lower roof) – $ sqft
3.Decking – $ lnft
4.Hazardous material abatement (if necessary)- $ each
5. Brick repointing with historically appropriate mortar – $ lnft
6. Skylight (replaced)-
8. Skylight with membrane material encapsulating the existing skylight – $ each
9. EPDM membrane (upper roof) – $ each
Name of firm:
Authorized Signature binding bidder to the bid amounts:
SIGNATURE – DATE
LIST OF PROPOSED SUBCONTRACTORS AND EQUIPMENT MATERIAL SUPPLIERS
Furnish a fully completed copy of this list to the Owner.
For work projected to be performed by Bidder, indicate “By Contractor.” If more than one bona-fide entity is being seriously considered for any of the subcontract work, list those that may be used. If the acceptance of an alternative proposal changes a subcontractor or supplier, indicate by notation below.
On individual work material categories which do not apply to this Project, indicate “not applicable” or N/A.”
WARNING: In requiring this Post-Bid List, it is the express intent of the Owner to use the information to carefully review the construction TEAM being proposed for use on this Project by the Bidder. If the Architect determines that the submitted data appear to be frivolous, at variance with this intended use, or that the Owner’s ability to properly evaluate the Bids is hampered, the Bid may be declared non-responsive.
The Bidder may be requested to change an unsatisfactory subcontractor or equipment/material supplier. The Owner or Architect/Engineer may indicate their concerns about any entity listed which the have reason to believe past experience indicated poor performance may be expected. The Contractor has full responsibility for satisfactory execution of all work in accordance with the contract Documents.
The Professional Building
Market Street Now, LLC
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
BRANCH OF WORK/ MATERIAL CATEGORY
1) Selective Demolition/
3) Membrane Installation
N.R. May 6, 7, 8, 2015