NOTICE FOR BIDS
DATE: May 8, 2015
Sealed bids will be received in the Purchasing Office, Shaw Hall, Room 315, West Liberty University, West Liberty, WV 26074: 304-336-8510 no later than 2:00 PM on May 20, 2015.
For the following: Provide and Install New Fire Alarm System at the Paul N. Elbin Library.
Scope of Work:
A. Work under this contract includes providing (all required materials equipment and labor) a fully function fire alarm system to replace the existing system. Work under this contract includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Demolition and removal of all existing fire alarm components / appurtances
2. Site Work / Site Utilities
3. Installation of all system electrical infrastructure including power distribution and related appurtances
4. Provide complete functional fire alarm system w/related mass – evacuation components
5. Provide all system design / engineering
6. All related appurtances required to provide a fully functional system
B. Type of contract: Project will be constructed under a single prime contract
C. The attached construction documents illustrate the overall system performance requirements for the new fire alarm system. Final design of the system and related components shall be the responsibility of the bidding contractor. Work includes development of final drawings for submission to the WV State Fire Marshall’s office for approval. Final drawings shall be sealed by a professional engineer registered in the state of WV.
The bids will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately thereafter in the Board Room, Shaw Hall, 2nd Floor, Room # 218 at West Liberty University.
Copies of the Bidding Documents will be available on or after May 8, 2015 at the office of the Architect, Matyskiela & Grant, 1027 Mt. DeChantal Road, Wheeling, WV 26003, PHONE: 304-242-8248, FAX: 304-242-8249, upon payment of a Refundable deposit of $100.00 per set. If obtaining electronic version of the plans and specifications, the cost will be $35.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) The deposit will be refunded for hardcopies if the bidding documents are returned in good condition within five days following receipt of bids. All bids must be submitted in accordance with the requirements listed in the bidding documents to be considered valid.
Bidders may review the bidding documents at the following locations:
1. Ohio Valley Construction Employers Council – 21 Armory Drive -Wheeling, WV 26003
2. Ohio Valley Construction Employers Council – 329 N. 4th Street – Steubenville, OH 43952
3. Contractors Association of West Virginia – 2114 Kanawha Boulevard, East Charleston, WV 25311
4. Pittsburgh Builders Exchange – Building Industry Center – 1813 N. Franklin Street- Pittsburgh, PA 15233
5. Construction Employers Association of North Central WV – 2794 White Hall Boulevard- White Hall, WV 26554
All bidders must show their Federal Employees Identification Number (F.E.I.N.) on their bid. Successful vendor must be registered to do business with the Purchasing Division of the State of West Virginia, which includes payment of the $125.00 fee.
West Liberty University reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids in whole or in part, to award the bid other than to low bidder, to accept any or all alternates, and to waive irregularities and informalities the University deems in the best interest of West Liberty University.
There will be a mandatory pre-bid conference regarding the above project to be held at West Liberty University in the Board Room, Shaw Hall, 2nd Floor, Room # 218 on May 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM. All vendors wishing to submit a bid must attend this pre-bid conference, or their bid will not be considered.
Vendors wishing to attend the pre-bid conference must obtain a temporary parking permit for the day from Ed Stewart, 304-336-8510, E-mail:
Please provide the information as required and a permit with instructions will be e-mailed to you.
John E. Wright, III
Fax: (304) 336-8312
Int. May 8, 2015
N.R. May 8, 2015