REVISION FOR DEMOLITION CONTRACTOR –
INVITATION TO BID
The City of Bluefield, West Virginia is in the process of obtaining qualifications from contractors interested in providing services to raze a condemned structure located at 221 Church Street, Bluefield WV in accordance with accepted industry practices and in adherence to the parameter listed:
1) Contractor must be fully licensed by the State of West Virginia and obtain a City business license. Contractor must provide proof of liability insurance and worker compensation coverage for all employees on site.
2) Contractor is responsible for any damage to nearby structures caused by demolition of related activities.
3) The Contractor will be responsible for all asbestos testing and abatement and maintain the related records and notifications. The City of Bluefield will see that all public utilities have been removed or retired.
4) Contractor to provide a price that includes total job.
3. Removal of material. The material must go to Tazewell County Landfill
5) Contractor to demolish each structure. Generally, demolition will include any accessory structures on the property, unless otherwise noted. Retaining walls are to be undisturbed.
6) All materials, debris, and trash to be removed from site and disposed of legally at contractor’sexpense to Tazewell County Landfill ONLY with the understanding that the dump fees will be $15 per ton on the brick, concrete or block material. It will be $30 per ton for wood and other household trash /materials. The brick and block must be separated from other material.
7) Site to be rough graded,and dressed with grass seed and straw. Street to be protected from damage as much as practical. Any large dirt or mud accumulation to be removed from street.
8) Contractor will be responsible to comply with all West Virginia Department of Labor prevailing wage rate requirements.
9) Demolition must be completed 30 days from the date the structure is released to contractor.
10) The City of Bluefield reserves the right to hire multiple contractors.
Sealed bids must be clearly marked “Demolition Contractor” and will be accepted until Wednesday, December 23, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Bids will be opened at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 26, 2019at 200 Rogers Street, Bluefield, WV.
Submissions may be tendered by mail or hand delivery to:
City of Bluefield, WV
200 Rogers Street
Bluefield, WV 24701
The City of Bluefield will afford full opportunity for minority business enterprises to submit a show of interest in response to this invitation and will not discriminate against any interested firm or individual on the grounds of race, creed, color, sex, age, handicap or national origin in the contract award.The City of Bluefield reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all proposals.