Wood-Washington-Wirt Interstate Planning Commission
Long-Range Transportation Plan Public Input
The Wood-Washington-Wirt Interstate Planning Commission (WWW) is preparing an updated Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) for Wood County, West Virginia and portions of Washington County, Ohio, including the townships of Newport, Marietta, Fearing, Muskingum, Warren, Dunham and Belpre. Efforts to update the LRTP began in the second half of 2020 and are expected to be complete by the end of 2021. The LRTP will identify recommended improvements to the transportation system through year 2045. The LRTP will consider needs related to roadways, transit, bikeways and walkways, rail, and aviation.
To help guide the development of this plan, WWW has conducted extensive public involvement and stakeholder engagement. To date, these efforts have included:
* Development of a website to provide information and updates about the planning process;
* An Online Public Open House from November 16 to December 31, 2020;
* Online survey and interactive map to solicit comments and feedback;
* Direct mailing and phone survey to organizations working with and serving traditionally underrepresented populations;
* Formation of a transportation Advisory Group to help guide development of the plan, including establishing a Vision, Goals, and Objectives for the LRTP;
* Facilitating focus groups on the topics of Economic Development, Freight, Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation, and Transit; and
* Interviews with key stakeholders throughout the region.
A summary of the input received through the online survey and interactive map is available on the WWW Horizon 2045 LRTP website ((https://horizon2045-movrc.hub.arcgis.com/). The website also includes the Vision, Goals, and Objectives set by WWW, in partnership with the Advisory Group, that will be used to guide development of the plan.
Additional public involvement will be planned to coincide with the release of the draft updated LRTP for public review and comment, anticipated August 2021. However, you may reach out to WWW at any time during the LRTP update process. If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Randy Durst, Transportation Planning Director, at (304) 422-4993 ext. 1250 or Randy.Durst@movrc.org.